Secondary Assistance Scheme

Secondary Assistance Scheme

The State Government through the Western Australian Department of Education provides an allowance to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs. Parents/guardians must apply for the Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS) each school year (annually) – applications do not carry forward to future years.


To be eligible for the allowance the parent/guardian must hold a Services Australia (Centrelink) or Veterans’ Affairs card that represents a statement of income for the family.


The allowance consists of two components:
• $115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the parent/guardian or the school.
• $235 Education Program Allowance paid directly to the school.


Application is made by the parent or guardian for student/s enrolled in Years 7–12 studying a full time secondary course at a Western Australian public school.

Secondary Assistance Scheme Form